Small Domestic Appliance Production Operative
Working for the UK’s leading B2B and consumer electronics repair, refurbishment and return-to-market, service company. The business is based upon supporting major manufacturers and retailers who need to maximise revenue from returned customer purchases.
Easy to reach location - Tram from Manchester/Rochdale to Hollinwood also by 83/180/184 bus from Oldham and Manchester / On site car park.
Job Location: Chadderton, Oldham
Standard Pay Rate: £8.91 per hour
Working Hours: 42.5 hours per week / Overtime available
Days of Work: Monday to Friday, 7am-4pm
About the role
Working on a fast-paced production line booking stock in, testing, cleaning and packing small domestic appliances.
- Working on the production line you will receive a pallet of small domestic appliances (microwaves/food processers/vacuum cleaners etc) from the warehouse.
- You will scan and book them in onto the in house computer system before being sent to the engineers for repair/refurbishment.
- Other job aspects involve testing the appliances, cleaning, packing and quality checking before they are returned to the customer.
What we need from you
- Must be self-motivated and a willingness to learn.
- Working on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Must have intermediate computer skills.
- Must have a keen eye for detail
- Scanning and inputting information onto the in-house computer system
- Composite safety boots
Induction on first day, full on the job training. This is ongoing and possibility of a permanent job at the end.