- 0161 484 3800
Full Job Description
Quality inspector for a precision sheet metal company:
This position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced sheet metal worker with many years in the industry.
With over 60 years’ experience in the field of high quality, high volume precision sheet metal, our client offers a complete manufacturing solution from prototype to delivery. Services include; CNC punching, laser cutting, bending, forming, welding, powder coating, wet painting & anodising, sheet metal fabrication, machining, screen printing, installation and assembly.
Our 50 staff work in one of the country’s most modern manufacturing production facilities. A 50,000 square foot factory equipped with the very latest’s technology available to our industry. We train our engineers to the highest levels and re-appraise them constantly.
· Reading and understand engineering drawings.
· First off inspection, patrol inspection, batch inspection.
· Complete First Article Inspection Reports.
· Communicate with customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
· Goods In & Dispatch inspection.
· Communicate with management.
· Handle Internal and External non-conformance. Work to ISO 9001 standard.
· Must have previous experience in skilled sheet metal fabrication ( 10 years ).
· Cities & Guilds qualification.
· Previous experience in quality control
· Must be confident and skilled in reading and understanding engineering drawings, tolerances, ISO standards, bill of materials.
· Experience using Vernier Callipers and Micrometres
· IT literate and able to use Microsoft Office packages.
Hours of work 38-48hrs per week.
Pay dependant on experience.
Too apply for this position please send a CV with a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this particular role to Mr Simon Howarth at the address below or to the email address given.
Unit 1, Greengate, Middleton Junction, Manchester, M24 1RU.
Too find out more about our company please visit our website www.greengatemetal.co.uk
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £13.62-£17.20 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate: