Kingdom Local Authority Support (KLAS) has a vision to make the UK a cleaner, safer and greener place to live. To support us in achieving our vision, we are currently recruiting an Environmental Protection Team Leader working the night shift in your area.
Where: Camden, NW5 area
When: We’re looking to get the right person in to the team ASAP
Hours: On average 48 - 60 hours per week, 4 On 4 Off Nights, 19.00 - 07.00.
Salary: £14.00 per hour
About the role:
The role will require you to lead by example and provide front line leadership, resilience and back-office support to your Environmental Protection Team. Your team will be responsible for patrolling the borough working in line with the relevant local authority’s deployment strategy and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices to offenders in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing act 2014.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has experience of engaging with members of the public face to face. You will have the ability to act with integrity and honesty, whilst treating people with respect in what could be a difficult situation.
This is a challenging but rewarding role and if you are passionate about the environment and supporting the local community, this role will enable you to make a real difference.
What’s in it for you?
- Contributory pension scheme
- Hastee pay – get an advance on your pay when needed!
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Assist the Council in relation to the investigation of complaints made by members of public
- Daily liaison with the Council
- Provide statistical data to the Council and deal with freedom of information requests
- Leading from the front and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices whilst in your front-line role
- Monitor conduct and performance of the team
- Ensure the smooth running of the team
- Provide theory and front-line training to new team members
- Provide on the ground support as and when required
- Documentation of processes across the enforcement teams
- Keep up to date with legislations and relay this information to the team
- Conduct officer appraisals
- Compile initial prosecution file and liaise with Local Authority legal team
- Any other reasonable task under Instruction of Operations Manager
- Produce statistical reports on a daily, monthly and yearly basis
- Experience in a similar enforcement role or experience in managing a team is essential
- Knowledge of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing act 2014 would be advantageous
- The ability to communicate with offenders, often in demanding circumstances in a professional manner
- Previous experience in a customer service role and handling difficult situations in a professional manner
- Be happy working outdoors, on foot in all seasons carrying out foot patrols for prolonged periods of time
- Professional in approach, with a balanced sense of judgement and be able to act with conscience and integrity
- Have the ability to use your own initiative when carrying out your role, as well as being able to work within a team environment
- Own transport preferable
If this sounds like you and you’d like to begin your journey on a career with Kingdom Local Authority Services, we’d love to talk to you.