Field Based QA Operator
Working for the UK’s leading B2B and consumer electronics repair, refurbishment and return-to-market, service company. The business is based upon supporting major manufacturers and retailers who need to maximise revenue from returned customer purchases.
Job Location: This is a field based role with travel across Greater Manchester and occasionally Northampton.
Standard Pay Rate: £10.35 per hour Mileage TBC
Working Hours: 42.5 hours per week
Days of Work: Monday to Friday. 2 shift patterns between 6am-9.30pm
About the role
You will be quality checking product conformity to specifications laid out in the BM system.
- Responsible for performing quality control checks including basic functionality and cosmetics and packaging on finished items
- Advising staff on errors that have been made and helping them to make improvements
- Investigating any failures of the process and analysing root cause of those failures and entering the findings on to the QC log for further analysis
- Planning work to ensure sampling results align with section/product production rates and customer requirements
- Liaising with operators, team leaders and managers to raise quality awareness and finished product improvement
- Provide feedback following quality checks to operatives, team leaders and management recommending improvements in processes and methods based on observations and/or factual quality assurance results
- Provide staff training on quality assurance failures
- Review and update QA documents on BMS to ensure accuracy and current relevance
What we need from you
- Previous quality assurance system knowledge and the ability to demonstrate quality assurance methodology
- A background in Logistics/FMCG
- Relevant formal technical qualifications
- have an understanding of electrical products and warranty rules and regulations
- Identify opportunities for improvement in work methods
- Great communication skills with colleagues across all levels
- Be able to work towards targets and deadlines
- Must have strong attention to detail and be a natural problem solver
- Be flexible around working hours
- Composite safety boots
- A full UK driving license and access to own vehicle
Induction on first day, full on the job training. This is ongoing and possibility of a permanent job at the end.