Quality Assurance Operator
Working for the UK’s leading B2B and consumer electronics repair, refurbishment and return-to-market, service company. The business is based upon supporting major manufacturers and retailers who need to maximise revenue from returned customer purchases.
Easy to reach location - Tram from Manchester/Rochdale to Hollinwood also by 83/180/184 bus from Oldham and Manchester / On site car park.
Job Location: Hollinwood, Oldham
Standard Pay Rate: £9.04 per hour - Weekly pay
Working Hours: 42.5 hours per week
Days of Work: Monday to Friday, 07.30 - 16.30.
About the role
You will be Quality checking product conformity to specifications laid out in the BM system
- Responsible for performing quality control checks including basic functionality, cosmetics and packaging on finished items
- Advising staff on errors that have been made and helping to make improvements
- Investigating any failures of the process and analysing root cause of those failures
- Entering findings into the QC log on the internal database for further business analysis
- Planning work to ensure sampling results align with section / product production rates and customer requirements
- Liaising with operators, team leaders and managers to raise quality awareness and finished product improvement
- Provide feedback following quality checks, recommending improvements in processes and methods based on observations and / or factual quality assurance results
- Provide staff training on quality assurance failures, all aspects of clean and pack procedures, aspects of functional testing of products, reviewing and updating QA documents on BMS to ensure accuracy and current relevance
What we need from you
- A minimum of 12 months previous quality assurance system knowledge / experience
- Have a background in Logistics/FMCG, relevant formal technical qualifications and be able to demonstrate quality assurance methodology
- Be able to work under pressure and plan, manage and complete workload as required
- Have great attention to detail
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Be able to make decisions and use own initiative
- Time management, problem solving, data analysis, computer and IT proficiency
- Understanding of electrical products, warranty rules and processes and quality assurance processes and best practice
- Computer and IT proficiency
- Composite safety boots
Induction on first day, full on the job training. This is ongoing and will be permanent after 12 weeks.
Computer and IT proficiency