We are looking for a FLT Counterbalance Driver to work for our client, a Rotherham based Recycling Plant.
Summary of the FLT Counterbalance Driver position:
- The Pay: £10.34 PH
- The Location: Rotherham.
- The Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday, Days/Afternoons
- The Job: Responsible for working in the distribution centre preparing goods for despatch.
- The Person: A valid Forklift licence is essential. Must have a ‘can do’ attitude. Must be flexible to work overtime on weekdays and Saturday mornings.
- The benefits: Accessible via public transport, onsite parking, canteen facilities & more!
Interested? Apply now, or look at the full FLT Counterbalance Driver job description…
Daily/key tasks of the FLT Counterbalance Driver position:
- Receipt of stock to be inspected, receipted by use of barcode, and put away and stacked safely to the appointed location.
- Assembling loads in readiness for despatch, checking pallets for cleanliness or damage when assembling. All pallets to be cleaned if appropriate or if damaged to be set aside for remedial action.
- Checking the status of pallets being assembled to ensure good ware. If the QC stickers are present and ware is good stock check with distribution office.
- Checking the integrity and tautness of shrink wrap applied to pallets. Any shrink wrap with holes to be re-bagged, non-fusion shrink wrap to be used only on PLM and D packed ware.
- Perform pre-checks of trailers prior to loading to ensure that they meet the required company standard on cleanliness.
- Loading of lorries to be conducted in a timely manner from preassembled loads. Check driver paperwork corresponds with despatch pallets. Final check of load when loading to vehicle.
- Ensuring the driver straps the load to the prescribed standard in force at time.
- General housekeeping duties.
- Achievement of departmental targets as required.
- Carrying out the requests of the Distribution manager.
- Any other reasonable duties, as requested within skillset.
The candidate specification:
- Previous experience of using an RF gun is desirable.
- 4 pallet handler is desirable.
- Forklift truck licence is essential.
- Working in a previous warehouse environment is essential.
- Must be flexible to work shifts outside of normal working hours to cover sickness.
- Self-resilient and capable of making job related decisions.
- Motivated and professional with a desire to achieve results with a commercial and customer focus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Passionate about the values and standards of the business.
- Be open to and work with change (both cultural and technical).
- Works in an inclusive way.
- Willing to undertake additional tasks.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Willingness to take ownership.
- Believes and promotes Health and Safety within the workplace.
- Takes a critical approach to work practice and identify & suggest improvements.
If you are interested in becoming a FLT Counterbalance Driver, please click Apply Now!