We are looking for an Assistant IS Machine Operator to work for our client, a Rotherham based Recycling Plant.
Summary of the Assistant IS Machine Operator position:
- The Pay: £34,000 - £35,000 PA
- The Location: Rotherham.
- The Hours: 5 shift system (7 on 2 off – 7 on 2 off, 7 on 10 off) This is a rotation of Days, Afters and Nights.
- The Job: The safe operation of an IS Machine in the Hot End production department, quality checking and fault finding in accordance with company procedures.
- The Person: Must have previous IS Machine operating and setting experience and have a City & Guilds in a mechanical qualification.
- The benefits: Accessible via public transport, onsite parking, canteen facilities, overtime available & more!
Interested? Apply now, or look at the full Assistant IS Machine Operator job description…
Daily tasks of the Assistant IS Machine Operator position:
- Safe operation of an IS Machine in accordance with company procedures.
- Provide snap and wash off cover to Machine Operators as directed by the SPS/Shift Manager.
- Bottle fault diagnosis and correction of faults when operating.
- Keeping the area around the IS Machine and associated equipment clean, safe and glass free when operating.
- Recording of actions taken on the IS Machine in the paper log when operating.
- Recording of process control parameters on the IS Machine and associated equipment when operating.
- Checking bottle sets and recording in Superview when operating.
- Full use of Superview to pre-warn the Cold End department of any problems encountered on the IS Machine when operating.
- Checking and recording gauging checks when operating.
- Careful use and handling of mould equipment.
- Working to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Achievement of departmental targets.
- Read and act upon the information supplied in the Production Information sheet.
- Assist in keeping the shop floor clean and tidy at the start and end of shifts.
- On nights, sweep and fully degrease an O ring platform, beam, and steps as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
- Replace consumable items from the Stores.
- Take end of run reading as directed by the SPS.
- Take mould and blank temperatures as required by the SPS/Shift Manager.
- Provide help to IS Machine operators if requested by the SPS/Shift Manager.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested within skill-set.
The candidate specification:
- A City & Guilds in a mechanical qualification (or equivalent).
- IOSH or equivalent H&S training.
- Educated to GCSE level with passes in Maths, English and a Science subject.
- Previous IS Machine operating and setting experience.
- Must have extensive bottle fault knowledge.
- Experience of lean manufacturing.
- Experience of working within CI teams.
- In-depth appreciation of technology and related complications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Can safely operate all IS Machine controls when stood on floor in front of machine.
- Fully PC literate.
- Logical and analytical thinker.
- Motivated and professional with a desire to achieve results with a commercial and customer focus.
- Have a basic problem-solving ability.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Dynamic and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Team Player.
- Works in an inclusive way.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Believes and promotes Health and Safety within the workplace.
- Critical approach to work practice and identify & suggest improvements.
- Promotes and is passionate about the values and standards of the business.
- Willing to undertake additional tasks (within capabilities) to get the job done.
If you are interested in becoming an Assistant IS Machine Operator, please click Apply Now!