We are looking for a Hot End Foreman to work for our client, a Rotherham based Recycling Plant.
Summary of the Hot End Foreman position:
- The pay: £50,470 PA.
- The Location: Rotherham.
- The Hours: 5 shift system (7 on 2 off – 7 on 2 off, 7 on 10 off) This is a rotation of Days, Afters and Nights.
- The Job: Responsible for the overall quality of production, produced by their team operating the IS Machines.
- The Person: Must have experience of Hot End production (IS) machinery. An ILM Level 2 (or equivalent) is essential. An ILM Level 3 is desirable.
- The benefits: Accessible via public transport, onsite parking, canteen facilities, overtime available & more!
Interested? Apply now, or look at the full Hot End Foreman job description…
Daily tasks of the Hot End Foreman position:
- Responsible for the overall quality of production, produced by their team operating the IS Machines.
- Ensuring their team works to a safe manner, to protect their own and their colleagues’ safety.
- Assisting and advising the Shift Production Supervisors, Senior Operators, Operators and Assistants on machine operation and bottle fault rectification.
- Working with the Shift Production Supervisors, Senior Operators and making adjustments to the Feeder and Forehearth. The Hot End Foreman will also manage the changing of tubes, needles and orifice rings out of normal working hours.
- Taking the lead in a power-cut /emergency situation, managing the operation in the machine area. The Hot End Foreman would also support the Teaser with any furnace issues.
- Attending daily production meetings with the Production Manager.
- Providing information about the performance of IS Machines and highlighting any Health and Safety issues to the Production Manager.
- Site security, i.e., ensuring that all gates are closed on nights and contacting emergency services if necessary.
- Taking control when the fire alarm is activated.
- Housekeeping in the IS Machine production area during shift.
- Recording production information in the shift log, i.e., faults generated by machines, stoppages in production, health and safety matters and staff.
- Carrying out accident investigations and creating comprehensive accident reports.
- Handling team grievances and supporting disciplinary processes.
- Carrying out an in-depth job hand-over.
- Carrying out any reasonable request within their skill set.
The candidate specification:
- Must have an ILM Level 2 or equivalent.
- An ILM Level 3 is desirable.
- IOSH or equivalent H&S training.
- Experienced ‘Man Manager’
- Audit process and management.
- An accurate and sufficient report writer.
- Understanding of targets and OTIF.
- Experienced and can demonstrate commitment to the one best way of working through adherence to job cards and SOP’s.
- Experience working within CI teams.
- Experience of Hot End production (IS) machinery.
- Educated to GCSE level with passes in Maths, English, and Science.
- Experienced in mechanical fault finding and problem solving.
- Must have extensive bottle fault knowledge.
- Experience of lean manufacturing.
- Application and sharing of training and knowledge.
- Initiate, be open to and work with change (both cultural and technical).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Fully PC literate.
- Logical and analytical thinker.
- Motivated and professional with a desire to achieve results with a commercial and customer focus.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Dynamic and flexible approach to work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- ‘Can do’ attitude.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Team Player.
- Works in an inclusive way.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Believes and promotes Health and Safety within the workplace.
- Critical approach to work practice and identify & suggest improvements.
- Promotes and is passionate about the values and standards of the business.
- Willing to undertake additional tasks (within capabilities) to get the job done.
If you are interested in becoming a Hot End Foreman, please click Apply Now!