- 0161 484 3800
Job Title: Warehouse Operative
Role: Temporary – 40hrs per week OT
Location: Bedford Commercial Park (MK43 9JH)
Salary: £10.80 per hour (days) to £12.76 per hour (nights) OT between £16.20 - £21.60 per hour
Shifts: 5 out of 7. Mornings, days & nights. Full flexibility is required.
Please note – our client provides transport to this site. Transport will be available from Bedford.
Would you like to work for one of the worlds leading online retailer?
Kingdom Recruitment are recruiting for temporary Warehouse Operatives to assist our client throughout their busiest time of the year.
Our client consults on a regular basis with health & medical experts to ensure all their sites are Covid secure. The health & well-being of all their employees are paramount.
As a Temporary Warehouse Operative you must have a passion for ensuring that customers receive a first-class service. Your tasks could include;
• Handling the full range of goods, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals
• Efficiently and effectively receiving and storing goods inwards following the clients internal processes and procedures and using radio frequency scanners
• Pick our customer orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity
• Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customers' high expectations
• Accurately read instructions from a scanner
• Relocate products using forklifts, pump truck and power pallet truck
• Consistently achieve targets set for your department
• Adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards
This role involves the following physical requirements on a daily basis;
Physical Demands - The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
• Standing and/or walking for long periods of between 8 and 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
• Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight for 8 to 12 hours per shift (standard full-time shifts are 10 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
• Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
• Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of between 9 to 12 meters (equivalent to a 3 or 4 storey building)
• Regularly climbing and descending four flights of stairs safely
All employees must adhere to strict safety, quality and production standards set by your department.